This insurance is provided through Worldwide Insurance Brokers & Advisors*
Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited, is regulated by Central Bank of Ireland under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations 2005 ('IMR'). Registration No: 90992 Registered in Ireland Company No: 499836
Builders and Tradesman's Liability Insurance on-line
Your quote is provided through worldwide Insurance Brokers and advisors as our partnering insurance broker
Tradesman Public Liability Insurance, from €376.25 including all Levies and Taxes!
An option to include Employer's Liability, for up to six employees
Your quote is automatically guaranteed for 30 days
No unnecessary paperwork
Purchase on-line with immediate document delivery to your email in-box
Placed with Surestone Insurance DAC, an Irish Central Bank Authorised and Regulated Insurer
Simple Qualification Criteria
If you can answer "yes" to the following questions:
- no insurer has ever declined to insure you, or refuse to renew or terminate your Employers, Public or Products Liability insurance.
- you or your directors or partners have never been convicted of or charged with (but not yet tried for) a criminal offence, other than a motoring offence, except as provided for under the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016.
- you or your directors or partners have never been owners, principals or partners of any other firm involved in this or a similar business which has been declared bankrupt.
- you have not suffered any losses or made any claims in the past three years for any of the perils or contingencies to which this insurance applies
- the total amount paid to Bona-Fide Sub Contractors does not exceed 25% of your annual turnover, or €150,000 whichever is the lesser, unless you have specifically advised us to the contrary.
- where you are applying for Employer's Liability cover your payments to Labours Only Sub Contractors do not exceed €5,000 per year, Unless you specifically advise us otherwise.
- any hot work you undertake, is carried out in accordance with the condition 13 i set out on page: 12 of the policy*.
* See Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited FAQ's and Key Facts below for more details.
Then you qualify!
Even if you don't meet all of these requirements, Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited may still be able to help. Contact them directly on: 01-2948669 to discuss your individual circumstances.
Download Policy wording by clicking here:
Tips on Getting Your Quote
Trades and Occupations
At Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited, they offer cover on over 100 Builders and Allied Trades and other Occupations!
If your business involves more than one trade or occupation we can still help. Just select your principle occupation, from the drop-down list, and add any other business you are involved in.
Number of Employees
If you need Employer's Liability cover, just advise the number of employees (including Working Directors if a Limited Company), involved in the business. Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited can quote for up to six employees automatically for most occupation. Although Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited don't ask you for a declaration of wages, it is important to remember if the number your employees increases during the insured year, you must advise them, and pay the appropriate additional premium. If you have more than six employees just contact Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited on 01-2948669. They are sure to be able to help.
Where the Insured/Proposer is a Limited Company, and Section A (Employer's Liability) of the Policy is Applicable, cover extends to include one Non-Manual Working Director performing clerical & administrative In office duties only, in addition to the number of employees disclosed above. All other Employees & Directors must be included within the declaration of employee (Manual or Non-Manual) at inception of Policy cover
Limit of Indemnity
Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited policy for Builders and Allied Trades provide an €13,000,000 Limit of Indemnity for Employees Liability Insurance, where required. You can select a limit of either €2,600,000 or €6,500,000 any one claim for Public/Products Liability Insurance. For most clients the lower limit, should suffice. However if you are involved in any Local Authority work or are contemplating tendering for such jobs, you will most likely be required to carry the higher limit. Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited are always glad to assist if you need any advice in this regard. Just call them on 01-2948669
At the moment Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited only quote Tradesman's Insurance for clients resident in the Republic of Ireland, hence the need to answer this question. Otherwise it has no bearing on your premium.
Tradesman Policy Key Facts and Frequently Asked Questions
Important! These FAQs and Policy Facts are a synopsis of the Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Ltd. Tradesman Liability Insurance, and do not contain the full terms and conditions of your policy. You can find these in the policy wordings and any endorsements, full details of which will accompany your detailed written quotation. It is important that you read the policy wording and certificate document together, to make sure they fully meet your insurance requirements.
(Your relationship with Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited is governed by our separate Terms of Business Agreement which you can find here) Remember Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Ltd staff are always happy to deal with any queries which you may have and which are not included in this fact-sheet.
Who Qualifies for Tradesman Cover?
A. Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited Tradesman Liability Policy is designed to accommodate a wide list of trades and occupations catering for self-employed, sole traders, and firms employing up to six people, including yourself.
The straightforward qualification criteria are:
no insurer has ever declined to insure you, or refuse to renew or terminate your Employers, Public or Products Liability insurance.
you or your directors or partners have never been convicted of or charged with (but not yet tried for) a criminal offence, other than a motoring offence, except as provided for under the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016.
you or your directors or partners have never been owners, principals or partners of any other firm involved in this or a similar business which has been declared bankrupt.
you have not suffered any losses or made any claims in the past three years for any of the perils or contingencies to which this insurance applies
the total amount paid to Bona-Fide Sub Contractors does not exceed 25% of your annual turnover, unless you have specifically advised us to the contrary.
where you are applying for Employer's Liability cover your payments to Labour Only Sub Contractors do not exceed €7,500 per year, unless you have specifically advised us to the contrary.
any hot work you undertake, is carried out in accordance with the condition 13 i set out on page: 12 of the policy (See Below).
See Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited occupations page for full range of trades catered for under the Cover365 Tradesman Liability facility.
What does the Policy Cover?
Your policy provides Public and Products Liability protection (with an option to include Employer's Liability), against your legal liability to pay compensation, claimant’s costs and expenses following accidental bodily injury including death, illness disease to any person including employees, arising out of the course of their employment and loss or damage to property which is both material and tangible, arising out of or in connection with your business.
The standard Limits of Indemnity provided are:
Employers Liability (when included): €13,000,000 any one claim and unlimited any one period of insurance.
Public Liability: €2,600,000 any one claim and unlimited in any one period of insurance, with an option to increase the limit any one claim to €6,500,000
Products Liability: €2,600,000 any one claim and in the aggregate in any one period of insurance, with an option to increase this limit to: €6,500,000
What are the Benefits of the Tradesman Policy?
A. Each policy provides Public/Products Liability insurance, with an option to add Employer's Liability cover. When Employer's Liability is selected, is Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited automatically provide cover for payments to Labour Only Sub Contractors do not exceed €5,000 per year unless you specifically advise us otherwise, and Bona Fide Sub Contractors up to 25% of your turnover*. Cover for higher amounts are readily available, for a small additional premium, although you must inform Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited in advance if you expect either of these limits to be exceeded.
In addition each policy provides cover for:
Contractual Liability (subject to the terms of the policy Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited will indemnify the policyholder in respect of liability which arises out of the performance of any contract or agreement)
Cross Liability (in the event the policyholder named in the schedule comprises more than one party, Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited treat each as though a separate policy had been issued to them.
Compensation for court attendance up to a maximum of €7,500 in any one period of insurance
Legal expenses arising from Health and Safety Legislation in respect of any criminal proceedings brought in respect of a breach of the Health and Welfare at Work Act 1989 or similar legislation in the Republic of Ireland.
The Cover365 Tradesman policy does not require you to disclose wages estimates, nor do Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited require an adjustment at the end of each period of insurance. However policyholders are required to make a new statement of fact at each renewal date, detailing any changes in their business or number of employees for the forthcoming period of insurance.
* You are required to check that all Bona-Fide Sub Contractors employed hold their own Employers and Public Liability insurance appropriate to the work being carried out.
Are there any Significant Policy Exclusions?
A. Yes: In line with all Liability Insurances, there are some exclusions and limitations.
No cover is provided for employees who are operating offshore, or where compulsory motor insurance is required, where Employer's Liability Insurance is included. Damage to property belonging to the policyholder or under the custody or control of the policyholder or any employee is excluded. (This exclusion does not however extend to property including motor vehicles belonging to an employee or visitor). Liability arising out of the ownership or use of any motor vehicle where compulsory cover is required under Road Traffic Act legislation, or any aircraft, or mechanically powered water vessel, is excluded. Liability in respect of any judgement or award made in the courts of the United States or Canada. The costs associated with remedying any defects or alleged defects in land or buildings or structures disposed of by the policyholder are excluded.
In addition Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited are unable to offer cover arising out of or in connection with:
- any work on or in, or involving work on gasholders, towers, steeples, bridges, viaducts, blast furnaces, chimney or well shafts, dams or tunnels, mines, colliery winding gear and hangers for any purpose.
- work involving the making of excavations exceeding three metres in depth from the surface.
- work at a height greater than 10m from the ground surface or if working internally a height greater than 10m from the floor surface
- demolition of any kind unless such work forms part of a contract for the erection, reconstruction, alteration or repair of buildings or structures and provided that such demolition is by hand held tools only.
- piling, the use of explosives, water diversion, quarrying, tunneling or work under water.
- the felling or lopping of trees
- work in or on power stations, nuclear installations, refineries, bulk storage tanks, oil gas or chemical works, aircraft, hovercraft, watercraft, wharves, piers or jetties, railways, railway stations or airports (air-side).
- Stand-alone Roofing Contracts not forming part of a contract for the erection, reconstruction, alteration or repair of buildings or structures
Does the policy cover me for "Hot Work"?
A. Yes the Tradesman Policy covers you for "Hot Work". However you are required to take certain safety precautions as a strict policy condition, as follows:
It is a condition precedent to Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited liability to make any payment under this policy that prior to commencement of such heat work (including the use of angle grinders where heat is generated) all the following precautions are complied with in each instance involving the use of heat (as defined below) by or on behalf of the Insured and taking place elsewhere than on the Insured’s own premises.
- A - Application of heat by means of electric oxyacetylene or other welding or cutting equipment or angle grinders, blow lamps, blow torches, hot air guns or hot air strippers.
- Permission to use the equipment must be obtained from a person acting for the occupier of the site and a Hot Work Permit completed in the form provided by the occupier or using one devised by the Insured and covering the 8 issues / conditions as laid out herein and provided always that the completion of the Hot Work Permit shall not vary or waive any of the undertakings or conditions contained in this Exclusion.
- The area within 3 metres of the work (including in the case of work carried out on one side of a wall or partition, the opposite side of the wall or partition) must be cleared of all loose combustible material; other combustible material must be covered by sand or over-lapping sheets or screens of non-combustible material. Openings in floors walls ceilings roofs or ducts within the Hot Work Area are to be closed covered sealed or otherwise rendered impervious to the passage of fire.
- At least two adequate and appropriate portable Fire Extinguishers, in proper working order, must be kept in the immediate area of the work being undertaken and used immediately smoke or smouldering or flames are detected. All persons engaged in the Hot Work shall be made aware of the location of all fire-fighting equipment.
- A fire safety check of the area must be made approximately 60 minutes after the completion of each period of work and immediate steps taken to extinguish any smouldering or flames discovered.
- Blow lamps and blow torches must be filled in the open and must not be lit until immediately before use and must be extinguished immediately after use.
- A person must be appointed by the Insured to act as an observer to watch for signs of smoke or smouldering or flames.
- Gas cylinders not in immediate use must be removed to an open area at least 15 metres from where the heat is to be applied.
- Paragraph 6) above does not apply solely in respect of the application of heat by means of blow lamps, blow torches, hot air guns or hot air strippers.
- B - Use of heat involving asphalt, bitumen, tar, pitch or lead heaters.
- The heating must be carried out in the open in a vessel designed for that purpose and, if carried out on a roof, the vessel must be placed on a non-combustible heat insulating base
Does the Policy Require Me to have a Safety Statement?
A. Although it is a legal requirement to have a Safety Statement, it is not a condition precedent to liability under the Cover365 Tradesman policy, that the policyholder must have a safety statement.
Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited strongly encourage our policyholders to comply with all legislative requirements, and recommend, if they have not done so already to visit the Health and Safety Authorities "BeSMART", on-line facility at: http://www.hsa.ie, which covers many building and allied trades occupations, and where you can complete your own Safety Statement, and Risk Assessments.
Do I have to Pay the First Part of Any Claim?
A. This is known as the "Policy Excess". For Employer's Liability claims (where covered) there is no policy excess, however you will be required to meet the first €1,000 of any claim under your Public/Products Liability Section of the policy.
What do I do in the Event of a Claim?
A. If You need to make a claim on Your policy the designated Claims Handler in respect of your policy is:
OSG Outsource Services Group Ltd
Sandymount, Dublin 4, D04 P6C4,
Ireland Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +353 1 2611434
What do I do in the Event I Have a Complaint?
A. Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited aim to provide a premier service. However, they know sometimes things occur and if you need to complain or you feel that Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited have not kept their promise, please contact them directly:
Worldwide Insurance Brokers and Advisors Limited,
Unit 20, Sandyford Office Park,
Dublin D18 P5V0.
Tel: +353 1 2948669
Fax: +353 1 6968966
Alternatively you can contact
The Complaints Manager –
OSG Outsource Services Group Ltd
Strand Road Sandymount,
SureStone Insurance dac,
Dublin D04 P6C4
If you are still not happy with our formal response you may wish to contact the
Financial Ombudsman Service
3rd Floor, Lincoln House,
Telephone: Local calls: 1890 88 20 90 International calls: +353 1 6620899
The Financial Ombudsman Service can only consider your complaint if we have given you our final decision. You have 6 months from the date of our response to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If you follow the procedure shown above, it will not affect your right to take legal action.